Vanilla cupcakes are fun, sweet little treats that can lighten up your day. With our pure Tahitian Vanilla Extract you can make the tastiest vanilla cupcakes
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 12 people
- Essential Spice Pure Vanilla Extract
- All purpose flour 1 ¼ cup
- Baking powder 1 ¼ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Unsalted butter softened ½ cup
- Sugar ¾ cup
- Large eggs room temperature 2 tsp
- Buttermilk ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/4 cups flour, 1 1/4 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Set flour mix aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed 5 minutes until thick and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition then scrape down the bowl. Add 2 tsp vanilla and beat to combine.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium and add the flour mixture in thirds alternating with the buttermilk, mixing to incorporate with each addition. Scrape down the bowl as needed and beat until just combined and smooth. Divide the batter evenly into a 12-count lined muffin or cupcake pan, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes at 350 °F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature before frosting.
Cover your cupcakes with sprinkles or cookie crumbles to add some color!