- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Spice Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Spice Bourbon Vanilla
- Whipped cream and Essential Spice Cinnamon for topping optional
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium bowl until light and creamy.
- Place cream, milk, and nutmeg in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Stir until the mixture reaches a simmer. Do not let it boil!
- Add a big spoonful of the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking vigorously. Repeat, adding a big spoonful at a time until you've used all of the hot milk.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan on the stove.
- Whisk constantly for a few minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Temperature should be 160°F
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour your eggnog into a pitcher or other container and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Your eggnog will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Optional: Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon, whipped cream, and booze of your choosing. (We suggest Rum, Brandy, or Bourbon)