- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken until golden and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to serving plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Turn the heat to medium, add the shallot and the garlic and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Using a wooden spoon, scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine is almost evaporated.
- Add the chicken broth and saffron threads, bring to a simmer and reduce for 10 minutes. Add the cream, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and simmer for 1 minute to blend the flavors. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.