Level up your praline recipe with this one simple swap. Trade in your generic vanilla for our Madagascar Vanilla 100% Pure Vanilla Extract to give these sweet treats a unique, majestic buttery bourbon flavor.
Ready in 25 minutes
Makes 2 dozen
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (light, packed)
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pecans halves
- 2 teaspoons Madagascar Vanilla 100% Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in the granulated and brown sugars, dash salt, and heavy cream. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove the lid and boil until temperature reaches 242 F on the candy thermometer, or almost firm ball stage. A small amount of the mixture, when added to cold water, will form a soft ball which will hold its shape and not flatten.
- Stir in the toasted pecans. Remove from heat and beat in flavoring and bourbon. Continue beating until the candy loses its glossiness, becomes creamy in appearance, and begins to thicken.
- Have a buttered baking sheet or waxed paper lined baking sheet ready. Quickly drop the candy mixture by tablespoons onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Wrap pralines individually in plastic wrap to store.
Recipe vis The Spruce Eats August 2019